These are some of the books near and dear to me that I think have a lot of value for athletes of any age or competition level. Some are motivational, some teach skills on how to be a better person and teammate, but they all will help you to raise your ceiling of what you expect from yourself.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Heart of a Champion: Inspiring True Stories of Challenge and Triumph by Bob Richards
- No Excuses by Kyle Maynard
- Never Stop Pushing by Rulon Gardner
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
- The Mental Edge by Kenneth Baum
- Today Matters by John Maxwell